Thursday, January 18, 2007

All is Quiet on the Ovarian Front...

I had my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork today.

For those unversed in IVF- speak, that means the doc checked my ovaries for cysts and measured my blood for estrogen levels. After 10 days of Lupron, my body is virtually estrogen- free, and no cysts in sight. In fact, it was hard to even find my ovaries on the ultrasound screen today. I worried for a moment that they had shrunk right down to nothing. But they were just playing hide and seek behind my uterus while the nurse, who was "It" apparently, tried to catch them with the ultrasound wand.

This is all good news. I am a blank slate, ready to respond to the ovarian hyperstimulation meds that I will start on Monday. Hopefully, in about two weeks, my ovaries will be so full of ripe follicles we'll see them before the wand even gets to my vagina.

No comments: